Date: September 19, 2020
Event: Bass Pro Shops Night Race (Round 29 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Bristol Motor Speedway (0.533-mile oval)
Format: 500 laps (Stages 125 laps / 125 laps / 250 laps)
Start / Finish: 18th/28th (Running, Completed 487 of 500 laps)
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick
Stage 1 Winner: Chase Elliot
Stage 2 Winner: Kyle Busch
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-125)
- Christopher Bell started 18th Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway in this No. 95 Rheem Toyota Camry.
- Bell worked his way up to 16th by the competition caution before pitting for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment.
- The No. 95 Rheem Toyota was fast and Bell raced his way up inside the top five to close out the opening 125-lap stage at Bristol.
- At the stage break Bell pitted for four tires and fuel.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 137-250)
- Bell started 11th and finished 22nd in stage two.
- Bell quickly drove forward and raced his way up to eighth by lap 195 and as stage two continued the handling shifted to tight on his Toyota.
- Midway through stage two Bell suffered some damage when a car in front of him checked up and another car got into the back end of his No. 95.
- Following two pit stops under caution for fresh tires and repairs, Bell restarted 22nd on lap 243 and remained 22nd to close out stage two.
- Bell pitted at the conclusion of stage two for four tires and fuel.
Stage 3 Recap (Laps 261-500)
- Bell started stage three 22nd and crossed the finish line 28th.
- By lap 356, Bell was up to 11th on the track and said his No. 95 was a little snug.
- On lap 367, while running 11th, Bell went a lap down to the leaders.
- Bell was running in the top 20 with 24 to go when he suffered a flat right-front tire. The flat tire caused Bell to get into the outside wall and to ultimately bring the No. 95 down pit road for four fresh tires and repairs under green.
- Bell returned to the track to finish 28th Saturday night at Bristol in his No. 95 Rheem Toyota Camry.
Up Next: The NASCAR Cup Series heads out west to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the South Point 400 on Sunday, September 27th at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN.